Monday, January 22, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday and Totally Awesome THINGS


Hello my Tuesday FRIENDS ♥
It's been a whirlwind of  a week here for sure.
Last Monday a cold front had moved in and we were bitter cold. On Tuesday it was so cold my truck doors froze shut and I had to use the heat gun to open them. This with remote start even and the darn thing running for 10 minutes. At least the seats were toasty warm by the time I got in :) 
Mini hated to go outside and would keep holding her feet up as much as possible. So we tried snowshoes ...




So we totally wasted our money on those but it was a fun couple of minutes. 
So our trips outside were very short....which is not a problem for me when it's that cold. 
One nice thing about the cold is the big birds come to the feeders more often. 



This is the female and I've been calling her Willow for several years now. Her mate "Woody" comes too but he's harder to photograph. The least little movement inside and he takes off. 
When it's cold I drink a lot more hot tea so I had to mix up some more and stuff  about 70 bags. While I was at it I mixed up a couple of cold and sore throat blends just in case we need them. 
Since we live in Missouri it had warmed back up by the weekend... I mean very warm . 
68°on Saturday and 72° on Sunday!
Saturday we took Bob's son out for his birthday.
Bob's daughter took the photo but we didn't get one of her in it.  It was the first time Bob and I had eaten at a Japanese restaurant and we liked it. I would have never gotten Bob to go if it wasn't where his son wanted to go. :) 
On Sunday his daughter came back over and she and I did some more of those acrylic pour paintings!!!


I'll just share these three...we did a whole lot more and they are setting all over the kitchen slowly drying. Since the humidity is back up they are taking  "forever" 
Oh a few more anyhow cause I have to share my drink for the day :) 

We had an Eagle visit the yard on Friday... of course I didn't have my camera or my phone out there with me so no photo :(  I keep looking for him but no luck yet. 
This coming weekend we are going to drive up the river road to Clarksville MO. and look for Eagles there. There is a damn at the river there and it's always a good place to see them in the winter. They also have a small festival going on that weekend too.  
This morning I made soap. ♥ 
When I cleaned out my herb cabinet last week I found some olive oil that I had infused with Dandelion flowers so I made Dandelion soap today. Thinking SPRING here. 
Hopefully when I take it out of the mold tomorrow and slice it up it will be a bright yellow. It was the last time I made some. Since dandelions don't really have much of a scent I used Lemon, grapefruit, and peppermint essential oils . Hoping it has a fresh scent. 

Random Thoughts
If I ever grow up this will be me ...wait I think it is me..except the part about the mountains & river....does this mean I grew up while I wasn't looking?



That's it for today but don't forget to hop on over and visit the rest of the "T" gang at 
  

18 comments:

  1. oh my comment did not post-this is a test lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course this one posted haha I loved seeing your pilated woodpecker we have not had one near the house in awhile but I know they are here. Loved your art pieces-there is a dye technique for fabric similiar to this-you hang the fabric on a clothes line and then just pour the dye over it all. haven't done that yet.
      I would love to see your soap once it is cut sounds nice Happy T Day Kathy

      Delete
  2. You've been busy Carol. So I want to know if that is a pileated woodpecker on your feeder? Cool. Too bad you couldn't photograph the eagle but that is great you had one in your yard. :) Great paintings. Happy t day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute doggy snowshoes video clip! Great photo of the woodpecker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love watching Mini and her snow shoes. That was a hoot.

    LOVE the pours. I want to know how to make them, but I can't get YouTube to work on my computer, so I am totally lost to how they are made. Yours are fabulous and look great next to your coffee, too.

    Enjoyed the woodpecker and loved seeing you at the Japanese restaurant. Was that iced tea or ???

    Thanks for sharing your art, your SOAP, your herbal remedies, and your coffee with us for T this week. You had an abundance of drinks included here today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention that I have 11 wind chimes around the front of my house, so had to laugh at the old lady thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous post Carol. LOVE the video of the little one trying to walk in her snow shoes, too funny! The paint pours are fantastic, one lovelier than the other. Your teas are surely good when it's cold, and I hope the soap will be as you expect. Your weather seems to have its ups and downs. Have a happy T Day and a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. had to grin about mini´s snow shoes;) great pics from mrs woodpecker and i really love your acrylic pours and your Soap making sounds to be very interesting, too!
    happy t-day! johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I so enjoyed reading your post today and finding out what you've been up too! It must have been so cold to freeze your car so I can understand why Mini doesn't enjoy it that much ๐Ÿ˜. She looks so cute in her snow boots and seeing her in the video made me smile, well actually I was laughing (don't tell her though, I don't want to hurt her feelings ...lol ๐Ÿ˜‰). The woodpecker looks beautiful and I love the names you have chosen for them - perfect! The Bald Eagle must have been a suprise and they are so amazing, aren't they, I hope you manage to see them again this weekend ๐Ÿ˜. I've never seen homemade teabags before, how exciting and I'd love to try some - yum! The Japanese restaurant must have been lovely with the great food and company, it's nice to see all your smiling faces ๐Ÿ˜. As for the art and soap, they look stunning and such fun to create! Thanks for sharing the wonderful random thoughts and wishing you a very Happy T Day! J ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning, Carol! Hahaha, I read that as Dandelion soup! Mini did much better with her booties than most pups I have seen with them. It is cold and blustery here this morning with a skiff of snow. Your female Pileated is impressive! A very nice picture of you four. We have never been to Clarksville to see the eagles but we see them at the dam at the Lake of the Ozarks. Haven't been many there but I bet they are there now. Your last Random Thought... BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a big smile after seeing Mini in her snow shoes, she looks so cute. This has been a great post to read, you have been so busy. The additions you added to the soap will give it a wonderful aroma.
    You shared some super photos, it was a lovely family photo as well, you all looked like you were enjoying you time together.
    Fabulous paint pouring as well.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got such a kick out of your dog's reaction to the boots. You never know until you try, though... We've had 3 kinds of woodpeckers at our suet feeder but never one of those. What a striking bird! We get eagles along the Mississippi River, but I've never seen one here. We've gone eagle-watching up at Reelfoot Lake, and they are majestic birds, aren't they! I love the patterns you end up with in those acrylic pours. Bright yellow dandelion soap sounds like a treat. I haven't made soap in years. I enjoy trying new kinds of restaurants as long as they're not too fancy. It looks like y'all had a good time :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the woodpecker and those quotes are good too. Ive never tried pouring paint but it looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your blogpost a delight to read and you are a busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a hard time even imagining that type of cold, Carol. We left the cold north 21 years ago. Aww, poor Mini. What a cute video. Willow is lovely and you got some terriic photos of her.

    We've had a cold winter here too - relatively speaking. Mexico is having one of its coldest winters ever. Our weather started to turn milder two days ago. I hope it lasts.

    Lovely picture of you at the Japanese restaurant. Great random thoughts today, especially the 1st one.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a hoot seeing Mini in her snow shoes! The woodpecker is beautiful. I love it that you have given them names (and such appropriate ones too)
    How exciting to go to a Japanese restaurant. I have always wanted to go (I don't think there are any in our neck of the woods) so when we were in Vancouver a few years ago, it was on my to-do list to go to a Japanese restaurant. It was a wonderful experience. It's nice to see a picture of you. You look great.
    A delight to read your random thoughts.
    Happy T-Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your soap is beautiful! And I love your marble paintings. So unique and lovely. You certainly had a productive week!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha ha, the doggie 'bootie' video is so cute! you tried...♥ love your acrylic pour paintings, they are gorgeous! wonderful family photo...and thinking spring with dandelion soap sounds like a great plan! happy Tea day -- way late!

    ReplyDelete